Greetings from the WAI Travel Team,
We are excited and honored to present this lsrael 2023 journey to the Willamette Christian Church, Beaverton Christian Church, and Hope City Church. As the owner of WAI and a fellow believer, I have been thrilled to discover that our walking philosophy of travel also enhances a travel program in the Holy Land. Getting off the bus to walk, and including visits with cultural and historic significance, in addition to the biblical sites, leverages a trip to Israel into “more than a pilgrimage”! We’ve been captivated by Israel and believe you will be too.
Expect to be challenged by the breadth of historical periods that overlap each other in a seemingly endless chain of tribes, conquerors, and kingdoms. You’ll probably be surprised by Israel’s flora and fauna and the verdant green spaces of Galilee and Golan in the north. And it’s difficult not to be impressed by the deserts of the south at Qumran, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered; at Ein Gedi, where David hid from King Saul; and at Masada, the “Alamo” of the Jewish world.
In addition to preparing for a massive dose of sensory overload, we recommend approaching this experience expecting to be challenged. Let’s journey with open hearts, asking the Holy Spirit, our Comforter and Guide, to pare away traditions of religion that are an inevitable product of living in an affluent Western culture long established upon Christianity.
Anticipate returning with your worldview realigned with Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Life, having walked in His footsteps. Expect to gain a clearer understanding of the Father, our Master, and how we can be a more effective part of His plan to reconcile His lost world to Him.
Dan Friesen, WAI Owner
- Airport to hotel group transfers on first and last day**
- Tourist-class or better hotel accommodations
- All land travel as outlined
- 21 meals: All breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 9 dinners (BLD as listed)
- All listed walks
- WAI guide service throughout (2 guides)
- Cultural & historical expertise of our local guide throughout
- Biblical interpretation by Pastor Jon Furman
- All tipping for local guides and coach drivers
- Double occupancy accommodations – limited number of single occupancy spaces available for additional fee of $825
- Caesarea National Park
- Cultural lunch in Druze home
- Mukhraka Monastery
- Nazareth Village
- Zippori National Park
- Arbel National Park
- Capernaum National Park
- Sea of Galilee cruise
- Jesus Boat Museum
- Tel Dan National Park
- Hermon National Park (Caesarea Philippi)
- Gamla Nature Reserve
- Beit She’an National Park
- Qumran National Park
- Dead Sea beach
- Masada National Park
- Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
- Chapel of the Ascension (Mt. of Olives)
- Pater Noster Church (Mt. of Olives)
- Sanctuary of Dominus Flevit (Mt. of Olives)
- Church of the Holy Sepulcher
- City of David National Park and Hezekiah’s Tunnel
- Church of the Nativity
- Yad Vashem World Holocaust Remembrance Center
- Tower of David Sound & Light Show
- Jerusalem Ramparts
- Jerusalem Archeological Park – Davidson Center
- Western Wall Tunnel
- Garden Tomb
- Israel Museum – Shrine of the Book
… more inspirational & educational stops than we can list!
**Details of transfers provided are listed in Adventure Advice email sent upon receipt of tour registration.