Over 800 miles long (1320 km), the Rhine flows through four countries from south to north. It is navigable for over 500 miles of its length and has historical served as a vital corridor of commercial, intellectual, artistic, and religious exchange.
Our Rhine River Walking LITE Cruise includes outstanding historic, cultural, and scenic experiences in three of the four countries (excluding only Switzerland).
We start in the Netherlands—delightful, lowland country of windmills, wooden shoes, and winding canals, sail south through the castle-studded, UNESCO-listed Rhine Gorge of Germany with stops and visits to Cologne, Koblenz, Rüdesheim, Mannheim, and Heidelberg, and into France for a visit to Strasbourg, Old World and Euro Zone capital and heart of the Alsace region of vineyards and culturally-unique cuisine. Unpack your bags for 8 nights and chose your level of Adventure each day.
We embark aboard the M/S Crucevita in historic Amsterdam, our base to enjoy several Dutch delights, then after sailing south through Germany’s Rhine Gorge to Strasbourg in the northeast corner of France, return to Germany to disembark in Mainz.
Our Ship, the M/S Crucevita
This elegant, luxurious, boutique style vessel, the M/S Crucevita was designed in an old world grand yacht style. Superb public areas, accented in oak and leather, include a panorama restaurant, cozy bar and lounge, a fire-place, a gym, sauna, library, and sun deck!
The cabins area spacious 14 sq m (150 sq ft) and are fitted with beds that are stowed away during the day to create extra space to relax. All cabins include air-conditioning/heating that can be regulated individually, a multi-channel satellite TV with remote control, a mini safety deposit box, a telephone and a hair dryer. The luxury bathroom contains a toilet, enclosed shower, and a stylish wash basin.
Cabins on Main deck have panorama windows while cabins on the upper Promenade deck will have new French balconies (renovation scheduled for 2019 winter-season)
The decks are interconnected by a regular elevator suitable to carry up to 4 persons. The Sun Deck is accessible from the Promenade Deck by an outside chair lift. Maximum capacity 110 passengers serviced by a young and vivacious crew of 36. Non-smoking interiors. Currency: Euro
The Adventure price includes cabins in CATEGORY C. Upgrades are available in CATEGORIES B and A. Space in all categories is limited. See pricing options below:
- CATEGORY C: Included in tour price (Main Deck aft)
- CATEGORY B: $225 per person upgrade (Main Deck forward)
- CATEGORY A: $550 per person upgrade (Promenade Deck with French balconies)
- All land travel as outlined
- Port fees and cruise fuel surcharges (subject to change)
- Accommodations for 1 night with breakfast in a first class hotel in Amsterdam
- Accommodations for 7 nights in outside-facing cabins aboard our ship, the M/S Crucevita
- 21 meals: All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners as listed (BLD)
- House wine, beer, soft drinks for dinner daily and water replenished in cabins daily
- All on board activities, early riser breakfast, afternoon tea and cakes, late night snacks and free 24 hour self- service coffee station.
- Fees for walking credit (One IVV sanction requested for each country)
- Services of professional English speaking Cruise Director
- Audio units (whisper systems) included on all tours and excursions
- Two WAI tour leaders throughout
- Tips for group meals and local guides/coach drivers (tips for on-ship personnel not included)
- Pricing is based on double occupancy. Single cabins aboard ship are expensive and limited – please call our office if interested.
- AMSTERDAM, HOLLAND: 1-hour canal cruise & walking tour
- ARNHEM, HOLLAND: Tour through Dutch history at an expansive living history, open air museum
- COLOGNE, GERMANY: City center tour including the famous Dom Cathedral
- KOBLENZ, GERMANY: Walking tour of Old Town includes the Monument of Emperor Wilhelm I & the Schängel Fountain
- HEIDELBERG, GERMANY: Tour of this university town & its castle ruins
- STRASBOURG, GERMANY: Boat/bus/walking tour includes Palace de la Republique, Orangerie, and Cathédrale de Nôtre Dame
- More fun stops than we can list!
- Old Delft Walk – Day 1
- Multiple walking opportunities offered in addition to ship walking tours. These will be announced closer to the date of departure. When walkable from the ship, no additional fees will be charged. If transport and/or local guides are necessary, additional fees will be necessary.