The Smoky Mountains of western North Carolina offer a treasure trove of outdoor delights that can be enjoyed during any season of the year. Autumn in the Smokies especially brings out the vibrant personality of this lush Appalachian region, with its fantastic fall foliage. Asheville, nestled in the middle of this wonderland, serves as an excellent venue for a six-day mini Adventure. Within the town itself are numerous art museums, delectable culinary choices, and the magnificent Biltmore Estate, which is a 250-room French chateau built by George Vanderbilt in the late 1800s.
Within close driving range to Asheville are a host of other terrific destinations to explore, including the dazzling Blue Ridge Parkway, rugged Linville Gorge, Moses Cone Memorial Park, Smoky Mountains Railroad, Chimney Rock, and the wonderful waterfalls of DuPont State Forest. All of this, and much more, will be explored from our home base at our hotel in downtown Asheville, where you can unpack and unwind for five nights of fun during our Smoky Mountains Fall Foliage Adventure!
- All land travel as outlined
- All five nights at a centrally-located superior tourist class hotel in downtown Asheville
- 2 lunches and 1 dinner as denoted: (L)unch and (D)inner (NOTE: breakfast is not included on this Adventure but is easily purchased from the cafe in the hotel or from the bakery across the street.)
- 4 walks (plus optional Day 1 Asheville walk)
- Fees for walking credit (for those collecting AVA credit)
- WAI guide service throughout
- All tips for the coach driver and group meals
- Pricing is based on double occupancy. A limited number of single rooms are available for a supplement of $725. We provide a roommate matching service for those interested.
Visits to/Admission Fees:
- Biltmore Estate and Winery (largest privately-owned house in the USA)
- Blue Ridge Parkway (one of America’s most scenic drives)
- Linville Falls
- Moses Cone Memorial Park
- Chimney Rock State Park
- Waterfalls of DuPont State Forest
- Museum of the Cherokee Indian
- Great Smoky Mountains Railroad and Park
- More fun stops than we can list!
- Intro to Asheville Guided Walk (Day 1)
- Asheville Food Tour (Day 1)