This trip is packed with outstanding nature experiences and mountain hiking. Though we use gondolas and Switzerland’s peerless railroad system to level out much of the uphill grades, most of the trails are more hikes than walks and travelers should be prepared for the challenge.
- Zermatt – our base for exploring the Matterhorn area, which we do from multiple angles using the excellent Swiss system of inclined trains, gondolas, and cable car ski lifts.
- Lauterbrunnen Valley – our home while exploring the Bernese Oberland and a trio of alpine peaks: Mönch, Eiger, and Jungfrau (hosting the highest railway station in Europe), epic both in alpine splendor and their renown as mountain climbing challenges.
- Chamonix – staging village for exploring the Mont Blanc region with more excellent high-mountain transport systems and some of the most stunning alpine scenery on the Adventure.
- Airport to hotel group transfers on first day
- All land travel as outlined by motorcoach
- Superior tourist-class or better hotel accommodations
- Glacier Express train from Andermatt to Zermatt, Switzerland
- 14 meals: All breakfasts and 5 dinners as denoted (BD)
- 8 walk routes included
- 2 optional walk routes available
- Fees for walking credit (if IVV approved**)
- Cultural and historical expertise of national guide throughout program
- WAI guide service throughout
- All tipping for national guide, coach drivers and group meals
- Pricing is based on double occupancy. A supplement is available for single travelers: $925. We also provide a roommate matching service.
**Walks in Switzerland and Italy are not sanctioned. IVV stamps for walks in France will be requested.
Visits to/admission fees
- 3 gondola segments: Zermatt to Klein Matterhorn – Zermatt area
- Train and gondola from Zermatt to Rothorn – Zermatt area
- Train from Lauterbrunnen to Wengen (roundtrip) – Wengen area
- Gondola from Wengen to Männlichen – Wengen area
- Montenvers train from Chamonix to Mer de Glace – Chamonix area
- Gondola from Chamonix to Aiguille du Midi – Chamonix area
- Gondola from Chamonix to Planpraz – Chamonix area
- Gondola from La Flégère to Les Praz – Chamonix area
- More fun stops than we can list!
- Lake Orta Walk and Borromean Islands Excursion – Italy (Day 1)
- Lauterbrunnen Valley Walk – Switzerland (Day 6) – Guide service is included but transport via gondola and train is not.