Join us for an eye-popping, jaw-dropping, camera-stopping odyssey through Utah’s Mighty Five National Parks!
In each park, a series of walks is offered through some of the most stunning scenery and some of the most monumental geological wonders to be seen, certainly in the Southwest, even throughout the USA, and mostly likely across the globe!
One of the surprises of a journey through Utah is the remarkable scenery discovered even outside the boundaries of the famous national parks.
- Arches National Park – a 4-part walk in Arches National Park is characterized by graceful, gargantuan arches and windows carved into magnificent reddish sandstone monoliths. Walking right up to many of the formations adds an almost sacred sense of scale to the experience.
- Canyonlands National Park – with 3 additional short trails in the aptly-named ‘Island in the Sky’ section of the national park, plus a bonus hike on the edge of the park at one of Utah’s excellent state parks. A top-of-the-world feeling overtakes us as we walk along mesa rims, looking down 2000 feet to the canyon floor spread before us to infinity.
- Capitol Reef National Park – a memorable hike through a remote canyon offering breakout views over the park with a memorable finish into the abandoned, early 20th century settlement of Fruita that makes this park unique among Utah’s Mighty Five. Fruit orchards offering a variety of produce are still tended by National Park Service staff.
- Bryce Canyon National Park – some of the most colorful, fantastical rock formations on a journey chock-full of incredible canyons! Marvel at captivating hoodoo formations of the Queen’s Gardens, the Cathedral, and Silent City.
- Zion National Park – another series of excellent nature trails accessed on a self-guided basis made possible by the park’s excellent shuttle system.
- All land travel in 12-seat mini-buses, allowing better access to the Parks than a full-size coach
- Group airport transfer at end of tour
- Tourist class or better hotel accommodations
- 9 meals: 7 breakfasts plus 2 dinners
- 11 walk routes as listed, plus an additional optional walk route in Salt Lake City on Day 1
- Walking fees for 4 walks for those collecting AVA walk credit (if AVA sanctions approved)
- WAI guide service throughout (2 guides)
- All tipping for coach drivers, any local guides, and group meals
- Pricing is based on double occupancy. A limited number of single rooms are available for a supplement of $700. We also provide a roommate matching service for those interested.
Visits to/Admission fees:
- Arches National Park
- Dead Horse Point State Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Goblin Valley State Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Guided tour of Highway 12 ~ All American Road
- Guided tour in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Anasazi State Park Museum
- Wild West Retreat Dinner
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Zion National Park