As travelers, we’re always looking for pots of gold at the end of the rainbow, that postcard-perfect image or vista, that priceless, memorable interaction with a local, or that magical musical experience that delights us anew with the gifts of mankind and the wonders of this amazing planet!
We’ve found many such opportunities in Ireland—it’s a country rich in cultural experiences and “pots of gold” for adventurous travelers. Some of the many magic moments awaiting us on the Emerald Isle include:
- Contemplating the diminutive state of man as we walk along the windswept sandstone Cliffs of Moher, 600 feet above the crashing waves of the Atlantic (Pre-tour);
- Rambling among an ancient seaside patchwork of stone walls at prehistoric Dun Aengus fortress, on the rugged Aran Island of Inishmore (Pre-tour);
- Wondering at the simple architectural genius of the 8th century Gallarus Oratory during our walk through the emerald-green landscapes of Dingle Peninsula, western- most point of Europe;
- Following the winding gorge path through the Gap of Dunloe as it courses along quiet mountain lakes and crosses babbling brooks on ageless, arched stone bridges;
- Gazing down from our walking trail in the enchanting Wicklow Mountains onto the centuries-old Round Tower in the monastery at Glendalough, the verdant “valley between the lakes”;
- Imbibing the spirit of Dublin, Ireland’s capital and a quintessential walking city, on an all-day walk that captures points of historical import and cultural connections!
Emerald Isle of Ireland*
- All land travel by motorcoach as outlined
- Superior tourist-class or better hotel accommodations
- 12 meals: All breakfasts and 5 dinners as listed (BD)
- 4 walk routes
- Walking fees for those collecting IVV credit (pending sanction approval)
- Cultural and historical expertise of national and local guides throughout
- WAI guide service throughout
- All tipping for national and local guides, coach drivers and group meals
- Pricing is based on double occupancy. A limited number of single rooms is available for a supplement of $575. We also provide a roommate matching service.
- Slea Head Drive – Dingle Peninsula
- Gallarus Oratory – Dingle Peninsula
- Killarney National Park
- Upper Lake boat ride
- Rock of Cashel visit
- Glendalough Visitor Centre
- Dublin on an all-day walk
- Riverdance stage show
- More fun stops than we can list!