This tour is dedicated to exploring the Hidden Gems of Oregon. In addition to the more familiar must-see sights, we have invested extra effort into finding the off-the-beaten-trail highlights of the magical state of Oregon, the home state of all WAI staff. This makes it especially well-suited for those who live in the Pacific Northwest. But in truth, anyone who is curious about the scenic and historic wonders of our 33rd state will find this tour an eye-opening and exciting experience, requiring only a relatively short flight to Portland, our start/finish point.
The Adventure begins with a couple of scenic days along the Columbia River, continues in the remote and regal Wallowa Mountains, descends into North America’s deepest gorge at Hells Canyon, walks the Oregon Trail in Baker City, explores the Painted Hills of the John Day Fossil Beds, hikes among the mesmerizing cliffs at Smith Rock, and wraps up with some very impressive waterfalls on the Metolius and McKenzie Rivers and at Silver Falls State Park.
This is a draft itinerary. Revisions will be made as this tour is finalized, and an updated itinerary with dates and pricing will be made available!
- All land travel as outlined
- Tourist-class or better hotel accommodations
- Breakfasts where included by hotels
- 13 walks
- Fees for walking credit for at least 7 AVA sanctioned walks
- WAI guide service throughout
- All tipping for coach driver and any local guides
- Pricing is based on double occupancy. A limited number of single rooms are available for a supplement of $580. We provide a roommate matching service for those interested.
- Waterfalls of Columbia Gorge
- Starvation Creek State Park
- Viento State Park
- Historic Columbia River Highway State Trail
- Deschutes River Recreation Area
- McNary Wildlife Nature Area
- Morgan Lake
- Wallowa Lake Tramway
- Hells Canyon Dam and Visitor Center
- Hells Canyon Jetboat and Ranch Lunch Adventure
- National Historic Oregon Trail Visitor Center
- Bates State Park
- Painted Hills at John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- Smith Rock State Park
- Wizard Falls Fish Hatchery
- Sahalie and Koosah Falls on the McKenzie River
- Silver Falls State Park
- More fun stops than we can list!