We spend nearly all of our Adventure exploring the Colorado Plateau, a geology wonderland covering southern Utah and parts of Colorado and Arizona. This high plateau is crisscrossed by a seemingly endless spider web of stunningly-colorful, bizarrely-shaped stone canyons.
It truly feels like its own world, shut off from the rest of planet Earth, and the central part of Utah, from Boulder to Escalante, was one of the last places in the Lower 48 to be penetrated by roads, rather than be serviced by packmules. You’ll understand why when we drive Utah’s Journey Through Time Scenic Byway along the Hogsback, a narrow bridge of stone, surrounded by a sea of sandstone valleys, barely wide enough to lay a 2-lane road.
Join us for this unforgettable exploration of the geological wonders of amazing Utah!
- All land travel by motorcoach as outlined
- Group airport transfer at end of tour
- Tourist class or better hotel accommodations
- 7 breakfasts plus 1 dinner
- 6 walk routes as listed, plus an additional optional walk route on Day 1
- Walking fees for 4 walks for those collecting AVA walk credit (if AVA sanctions approved)
- WAI guide service throughout
- Cultural and historical expertise of our local guide in Escalante area
- Pricing is based on double occupancy. A limited number of single rooms are available for a supplement of $590. We also provide a roommate matching service for those interested.
Visits to/Admission fees
- Arches National Park
- Dead Horse Point State Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Goblin Valley State Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Guided tour of Highway 12 ~ All American Road
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Anasazi State Park Museum
- Wild West Retreat Dinner
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Zion National Park