Built in 2006 and refurbished in 2020, the M/S River Sapphire holds a maximum of 164 passengers serviced by a international crew of 40+.
Cabins are spread over 3 decks but all travelers receive a complementary upgrade to Middle Deck with upgrades available to the Upper Deck. All cabins on the Middle and Upper Deck have floor to ceiling French Balconies, sliding glass doors that slide open allowing for cool breezes and fabulous views of the passing scenery.
The on-board ambiance is casual and friendly, the food is superb, the program is delightful and sure to satisfy.
The River Sapphire has non-smoking interiors. On board currency is the EURO and Visa/MasterCard are accepted.
All cabins are outward facing. The tour price is based upon cabins on the Middle Deck and upgrades are available to the Upper Deck.
All cabins are the same size (161 sq ft). Cabins on the Middle and Upper Deck are identical in all respects and feature floor-to-ceiling glass sliding doors which open halfway and have a railing across the bottom half (French Balconies). Upper Cabins have better views due to their higher vantage point.
All cabins include a desk and chair. All cabins are equipped with hairdryer, mini safe, flat screen TV and individual AC.
- Low Deck: None. Automatic upgrade
- Middle Deck: None. Included in tour price
- Upper Deck: $300 per person
A limited number of single cabins are available. Please contact WAI for more information.
Middle & Upper Deck Cabin with French Balconies
- All land travel as outlined
- Arrival transfers on first day
- Accommodations for 1 night in Bucharest in a Superior tourist-class hotel
- Accommodations for 10 nights in all outside cabins of M/S River Sapphire in choice of three categories***
- 31 meals: All breakfasts, 9 lunches, and 11 dinners as denoted (BLD)
- 2 glasses of beer, wine, or soft drink each lunch and dinner
- 24/7 coffee stations, early riser breakfast, afternoon cakes & tea, and late night snacks
- 7 walks as listed, with commentary by local guides
- Fees for walking credit (IVV sanctions requested)
- Onboard lectures
- Live musicians each evening
- Two WAI tour leaders throughout
- Local guide service at ports of call
- Cultural and historical expertise and on-board lectures by our cruise director
- Tips to local guides/coach drivers (tips for on-ship personnel not included)
Shore excursions and visits to (including any admission fees):
- Belogradchik Fortress and Belogradchik Rocks Natural Landmark – Bulgaria
- Baba Vida Fortress – Bulgaria
- Special lunch at a rural restaurant set along the Sava River outside Belgrade – Serbia
- Serbian folkdance performance – Serbia
- Gypsy duet – Hungary
- Guided city tours by coach in Budapest and Vienna
- More fun and educational activities than we can list!
*** See Cabin Upgrade information above
- Schönbrunn Palace – Austria (Day 11)
- Classical Vienna Concert – Austria (Day 11)